What is Theta? Theta aims to decentralize content delivery networks to help distribute the load of delivering video data to websites and to make it easier for users to load videos. To accomplish this, they are letting users share their excess broadband with users who are having trouble load videos so that they can load those videos quicker and more effectively.
Here are the following current problems of live video streaming:
■ Poor Quality
• Today’s content delivery networks (CDN) lack reach, causing video re-buffering, and high load times in many parts of the world.
■ Sky rocketing data needs
• Users demand 4k, 8k, and higher quality streams create infrastructure bottleneck
■ Centralized and inefficient system
• The centralized nature means less revenue flows back to content creators and platforms.
Viewers get low-quality streams and few rewards today. Centralized CDNs reap most of the rewards.
Their solution: Decentralized peer-to-peer video delivery. A new native blockchain. Powered by users.
■ Viewers earn rewards as Theta Fuel
• For sharing excess bandwidth and resources, viewers are now rewarded to participate in the network.
■ Higher quality, smoother video streaming
• A decentralized peer-to-peer network delivers streams efficiently globally.
■ Reduced cost of delivering video streams
• Video platforms no longer need to build expensive infrastructure, means more innovation and unique business models.
In the end, users benefit by sharing their bandwidth and building a community. Content creators and platforms all earn more with lower streaming costs.
Also, Theta has solid media advisors like Steve Chen Co-founder of YouTube, Justin Kan Co-founder of Twitch, and many more which you can check on their official website.
Theta Labs is the blockchain division of Sliver.tv, an IPTV corporation located in San Jose, California. The platform aims to introduce esports streaming to the blockchain, allowing for encrypted microtransactions. With these main parts, it believes it has the bandwidth to grow and adapt internationally.
THETA and TFUEL are two tokens used by Theta, one for staking and the other for utility. TFUEL is produced by staking THETA, which was sold in a private token sale.
Samsung VR, MBN, and others are among the content platforms that use the Theta Network.
To support high bandwidth and scalability, Theta employs a revamped PBFT consensus and other proprietary technologies.
With these components in place, Theta is poised to become a leading star in the blockchain industry. It would be well on its way to defeating the final boss if it can use its Sony investment to obtain access to the PlayStation Network and Sony’s wide viewing audience.
If you’d like to invest in THETA, you can use my [https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=84486078] referral link.